29905560

Madam I am a Tesco broadband customer.2 months ago

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam I am a Tesco broadband customer.2 months ago I contacted talk talk asking to join them ,but emphasising that I like to keep my number. Gentleman accepted, took all the daetils that they need and I had been told that they contacted me. During
the time I received a Modem box and just general information.( Nothing about new line or new number). As nothing happened I contacted them, I had been told that there was no record of my account , I received lots of just voice mail from a lady from Talk talk,
however the number that she called me dose not let me to call back. Today as I expected their engineer came to my property and while checking the signal ,he gave me a new number, I asking him to stop the installation as I won't like to change my number in
any circumstances. He told me that I can contact Talk talk asking transfer my number. Immediately I contacted Talk talk ,however I have been told that it is not possible as It is a new line and they cannot transfer my Tesco number. I am still with Tesco, I
did not cancel it, meanwhile I am not able to use my Tesco line at all ,as engineer apparently discounted it ! I am a disable person ,with 2 heart attacks ,I explained to them asking them to find a solution, I told them that I was recording the conversation,
however their final word was that I had a chance to cancel it in specified time which I did not. I just formally received a Modem box ,with a letter ,noting about new line and new number. Today I checked my email ,I had not any email from them, just in mobile
text during those long time . while today I checked my text messages I found the phrase" Just a reminder that our engineer will set up your new TalkTalk phone & broadband line in your home ..." Until know I did not heard or received any information about new
number or so at all. I would like to know how may I talk to them to transfer my number instead of new number. Any question please just ask. Kind regards Reza
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello did you ever get anything in writing to say that your number will be guaranteed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi nothing at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Indeed I did not get any document about any new number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I got your email late ,sorry for that
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry I was in a meeting by the time you had replied. Whilst you can request and make a complaint that the number is ***** you cannot force them to. If they are clear that this is not possible then you should consider cancelling the contract you took out with them and going back to Tesco. They say you may have left it too late to cancel but do not just accept that and make it clear that they have not actually provided you with the services you originally agreed to and specifically the failure to port your number means that they have breached their agreement with you and you no longer want to continue with their services. You will have to follow their formal complaints procedure first and go all the way to the end, until you have received their final response. The ways to do this and the procedure can be found here: http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/how-do-i-make-complaint#tabdisplay_1 You will see on the What’s Next tab on that page you have the options you can pursue after your complaint has been heard. This includes writing to the Head of Complaints and after that going to the Ombudsman for an impartial resolution. So there are options for you but nothing will provide a quick fix so you have to ensure you pursue the above steps before you can achieve anything. Of course it does not mean you have to go as far as the Ombudsman because there is a chance that this will be resolved beforehand but you know what you can do in case it remains unresolved. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Ben
Many thanks for your advise.I will follow your it by one by ,I hope I could solve the issue with your help.If more help ,I will try to come back you.
Reza Fallahi
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello Reza, all the best and feel free to come back to may if necessary.