75100385

A couple of years ago, my landlord ran away with my deposit

a couple of years ago, my landlord ran away with my deposit and one month rent. I won the court case and the warranty was issued, since the landlord ran away from this country, the officer came back empty handed. It was 3 years ago. I want a court to correct
this loss from his bank account but I couldn't find how to request this. Can you please advise?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How much was it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was around 2000pounds.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can. You need to apply for a Third Party Debt order. You need to complete the form here:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n349-eng.pdf
Send it to Court and the fee is £100. You then send it to the bank and there is a further Court hearing where a Judge will decide whether you can have the money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** send it a bank not court? I know his account but I don't know others and the account I know might not be used. can I send to somewhere without bank details?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, I need to a court first. (I misunderstood) any court or the court I won?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. It must go to Court first and then to the bank once approved. But the Order must be approved by a Judge. You must have some bank details such as the name of the bank etc.
Send it to the Court that you got Judgment at.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Thank you. I will send it to the court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry one more question, I can see the account not known but it is not acceptable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant in the application form.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can tick not known. But you need a bank at the very minimum.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just guess...?
I know santandar's one but he knows I know this account and try avoid me to do so.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can but if Santander does not have one, its £100 and a new application to try another bank.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you meant every time failed, I need to pay 100pounds?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is right. Its an application to Court. That is why you need to get it right the first time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/