29905560

We have accepted a contract from a business, they gave

Hi, We have accepted a contract from a business, they gave me a PO and thats been paid, then today they cancelled the order and said they wanted the money back. This order was raised 41 days ago. We had to buy stock to get the order ready for them. We are a commercial printer.
Where do we stand?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did you have a contract with them and was there a cancellation clause?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't have a contract, we are a approved supplier and we do print work for them each month. Once a PO is sent from the company that an acceptance of the quote. In our T&C's we don't offer refunds after 28 days or if stock has been ordered.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Why have they decided to cancel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They decided they want to use a different supplier
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
In the circumstances you could at least pursue them for the value of the stock you have had to purchase to fulfil their order. You argument would be twofold:· First of all you had sent them a quote, which can be viewed as an offer. They then send you the purchase order, which can be viewed as an acceptance. This would generally satisfy the requirements in law to create a legally binding contract. So you can then hold them to that and advise them that by cancelling after the formation of a contract they would be acting in breach of contract and would be liable for any losses you have incurred as a result. In this case these would be the value of the stock you have had to purchase.· You can rely on the T&Cs which state that no refunds are issued once stock has been purchased, which has happened here. So they would also be bound by the express terms of the agreement you had entered into. So you can state that if they want a refund they would have to pay for the losses incurred from their cancellation, which would be the value of the stock and any other losses you may have incurred. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you