Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am supposed to be exchanging contracts tomorrow on a club

I am supposed to be exchanging contracts tomorrow on a club but the liquidators who have it have now dicieded to sell it to another party on the last minuet because they will let the people who are running the club at the moment rent it off them, and they said it would be less hassle to get them out. is this allowed I have been after this club for 9 months and have spent 15,000 pounds which I will lose, what can I do.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
Unfortunately, it appears that the liquidators have received a better offer for their purposes. The problem is that until contracts have been exchanged the sale agreement is not legally binding. After your offer was accepted, either you or the liquidator can pull out at any time until the exchange of contracts.
Unless you are able to make them a more favourable offer (or match it as you are in a quicker position to complete), the liquidators are likely to go with their new offer.