12826847

I am having difficulty with my neighbours opposite. We used

Customer Question

I am having difficulty with my neighbours opposite. We used to be very good friends, my wife was called over frequently to cover for school runs; I used to go over every Saturday morning to help with DIY work. This must have gone on for at least 3 years.
The mother doesn't work in paid employment, she does jobbing gardening amongst many other things, in fact I take my hat off to her she juggles her commitments well.
Our front garden was due for a make over and she promised to do it; seven and half months later I decided to get on with it myself. I have been shunned ever since.
They have over the past year tended to park their cars opposite my drive which makes it difficult for me to get out. I have tried to reason with them but they just ignore me.
Matters came to a head last Saturday, I lost my rag and it ended up with the husband saying he was going to smash my face in. I did pop a note through their door on Sunday apologising for my behaviour on Saturday.
I am,frightened that he may well try and do just that, my wife and I are both 76 years of age.
Please don't get me wrong I am not the easiest person to get on with, I have a hearing loss and over the past few years had to face chemotherapy for cancer.
What can I do to pour oil on troubled waters?
We just want to live out the few years with have left in peace and quite. In 45 years of marriage and 6 house moves we have never fallen out with neighbours, in fact we have bent over backwards to help people.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
what would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo, I just need help and advice about what to do please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot use the telephone I have a hearing problem
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
To achieve what?
Was there something specifically you wanted to know? ]
I'm just offline for about an hour but I can pick up later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's £47 down the drain. Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK.
So you don't need an answer?