Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Boat damaged on mooring at boat club because it was not

Customer Question

boat damaged on mooring at boat club because it was not laid correctly, club claim that use of mooring is at owners risk.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Do you believe that the mooring was responsible for the damage? Did you have any contract with them? Or was there signage apparent to that effect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the mooring caused the boat to be holed at low tied and the boat then sank due to the damage of the incorrectly laid mooring
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks was there any contract with them or signage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
plan to go to site this weekend to check for signage
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi it is very likely that there will be signage excluding liability in these circumstances. Unfortunately if there is you will have been deemed to have used the moorage at your own risk and are unlikely to recover your losses. Take a look at the sign and what it says. I do hope that there is no such sign. In the event there was not you can sue them in negligence. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this as I can see you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process?