Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I had PPi with MBNA from 1997 I lodged a ppt complain they

I had PPi with MBNA from 1997 I lodged a ppt complain they rejected my complaint stating it was time barred and I should of reasonably knew a had poi. I pointed out that I was self employed at the time and taking taking into account that their own customer service informed me this year that they only cover self employed people in bankruptcy, I feel it was miss sold the policy. They now state that the ombudsman is not allowed to investigate.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you approached the ombudsman and it has been rejected or are they just telling you not to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have written to the ombudsman and MBNA have responded to them , telling them they are not entitled to investigate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks sorry or the slight delay, when were you aware that you were missold the PPI and when did you raise the complaint?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I raised the complaint this year, I only found out that the ppi didn't cover self employed when I contacted their customer service this year
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello you have 3 year's from the date you are aware of the missellng so contrary to what you are being told you are not out of time. You can either use a claim handling company or raise a claim yourself. Details of how to do so can be found at http://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/financial-services-products/insurance/payment-protection-insurance/claim-ppi It is not unusual for companies to try to put you off claiming in this way. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.