ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Does a will have to be drawn up by a solicitor? Is there

Does a will have to be drawn up by a solicitor?
Is there a certain Format that needs to be used in Scotland?
How much might it cost?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
It is important that your will is completed correctly and therefore I would advise you to instruct a solicitor to complete this for you. A simple will is often inexpensive - usually less than £150 - and this will give you certainty and piece of mind that your estate will be distributed as per your wishes after you pass.
The problem with attempting your own will is that if the will is not considered valid - then you would be considered as having passed away with no will and your estate will pass as per the rules if intestacy - which might not be be what you want to happen.
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you.
Kind Regards
Caroline
If you have found this service useful please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work