12826847

My Parents car was stolen from their property (keys left in

Customer Question

My Parents car was stolen from their property (keys left in the ignition!) and found 12 miles away torched.
The police organised recovery of the vehicle and my parents have been billed £350 for vehicle recovery is this right?
Thanks in advance.
Is there any reason you think that it shouldn't be? Or are you asking who is liable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well my parents neither moved the vehicle or asked for it to be recovered ,so why are they liable for the recovery?
Because they are the owners.
I realise they are not at fault but neither are the police or the wider taxpayer who ultimately fund the police.
Usually the insurance company will cover the impound fees anyway but they will need to speak to them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jo,
I just find it very hard to take! my parents are both retired,lived at the same address for 50 years with no trouble and worst of all are , no' were' friends of the recovery company owners!
We are dealing with the vehicle insurers at the moment.
Thanks again
I do understand.
Usually the insurers will cover the impound fees.