12826847

Just recently my sisters reported me to the RSPCA regarding

Just recently my sisters reported me to the RSPCA regarding the care of my elderly dog who has since been put down.This was our decision but due to the interference from them we felt under duress to have the vet call at our home to euthanize our pet.Are there any means of stopping them interfering as there were no grounds for them to report me as our vet has been caring for her ?
No, in short. At least, you can refuse to engage with them. The RSPCA are just private prosecutors even though they wear uniforms. However the risk is that they will summons you to court for any offence that they are investigating. The RSPCA do regularly bring quite weak cases. It is generally a good idea to engage with any prosecution authority if you have a defence. The fact that the dog has sadly died does not mean there is no proper ground to investigate. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo