How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10525
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Dear All I'm working with Tier 2 General visa . At the moment

Resolved Question:

Dear All
I'm working with Tier 2 General visa .
At the moment I am on annual leave , my sponsor is asking me to do some extra-working on my annual leave and they will pay it for me .
Am I allowed to do this
The reason I am asking this question that as far as I understand I am not allowed to do more than 20 hours a week as a second job .
However, I don't think this is the case if I am doing it under my same sponsor, so to make it clear I am doing the same duties under the same sponsor but on my annual leave time so I will be paid extra for it , is that ok even if it is more than 20 hours a week
Kind regards
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. There is no restriction on the number of hours or the working and payment arrangements you can enter into with your employer under a tier 2 employment visa. So, if you wish to work your annual leave, there is nothing in the Immigration or Employment legislation which prohibits this. So, agreeing to work extra during the period you are on annual leave is perfectly permissible. It does not count as a second job. Nor does it need any further validation. It all falls within the Tier 2 General visa you have. It is Ok even if you work more than 20 hours. YOu are not limited to working 20 hours with your Tier 2 employer. You can enter into any employment relationship you want during your annual leave, being paid double time, for example.2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.
Buachaill and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you