How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10525
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am a Tier 2 (General) visa worker, as a doctor in

Resolved Question:

I am a Tier 2 (General) visa worker, as a doctor in Emergency Medicine (on Shortage list of occupations). I wonder if I stop working for my current employer and work part time for another in aesthetic medicine (not on shortage list of occupations), do
I have to apply a new visa? My residence permit says: RESTRICTED WORK. Valid for 2 years until 25-10-2017. Code: RE(###) ###-####C2G1V55371B
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Tier 2 visas are specific to that particular employer for which they are issued. Accordingly, if you change employers, the employer must first apply for approval to get a Tier 2 visa. Then it can employ you. However, here, if you to wish transfer to another employer, that employer must first have been approved to get a Tier 2 visa employee. As aesthetic medicine is not on the list of shortage occupations, they would just never get approval from the UK Border AGency to get a Tier 2 visa for an employee. Similarly, if you were to switch employers within Emergency Medicine, the new employer would have to be approved by the UK Border Agency before you could get a Tier 2 visa with them. However, they would get approval as Emergency Medicine is on the list of shortage of employees' occupation. If you wish to transfer to aesthetic medicine, I would advise you to let five years working in Emergency medicine pass bye as then you will be entitled to settlement in the UK and a year later citizenship. Once you gain settlement in the UK, then you can chose your employer freely and work where you want.2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further question.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you