Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am a Tier 2 (General) visa worker, as a doctor in

I am a Tier 2 (General) visa worker, as a doctor in Emergency Medicine (on Shortage list of occupations). I wonder if I stop working for my current employer and work part time for another in aesthetic medicine (not on shortage list of occupations), do
I have to apply a new visa? My residence permit says: RESTRICTED WORK. Valid for 2 years until 25-10-2017. Code: RE(###) ###-####C2G1V55371B
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Tier 2 visas are specific to that particular employer for which they are issued. Accordingly, if you change employers, the employer must first apply for approval to get a Tier 2 visa. Then it can employ you. However, here, if you to wish transfer to another employer, that employer must first have been approved to get a Tier 2 visa employee. As aesthetic medicine is not on the list of shortage occupations, they would just never get approval from the UK Border AGency to get a Tier 2 visa for an employee. Similarly, if you were to switch employers within Emergency Medicine, the new employer would have to be approved by the UK Border Agency before you could get a Tier 2 visa with them. However, they would get approval as Emergency Medicine is on the list of shortage of employees' occupation. If you wish to transfer to aesthetic medicine, I would advise you to let five years working in Emergency medicine pass bye as then you will be entitled to settlement in the UK and a year later citizenship. Once you gain settlement in the UK, then you can chose your employer freely and work where you want.2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further question.