12826847

How do i go about apealing my SOPO as i am now in a relationship

how do i go about apealing my SOPO as i am now in a relationship and she as a 6 year old son
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
When was it imposed please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was imposed in march 2009 and runs with my licence for life i am not allowed contact with children under 16 but dont know what wlse is on my SOPO as not seen it since my conviction and only got to see it after convicted
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can apply for variation or removal of the SOPO at any time.
However, you have to be realistic. A court is not going to remove it just because it is causing inconvenience. You will have to show a change of circumstances which means you are no longer a risk.
If you conviction does not involve children then you might get a variation that allows you to be around him.
If it does involve children then you should be aware that this will probably provoke a social services investigation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it did invole a 14 year old girl but now it is stopping me from leading a normal life ie relationship/family i was wondering if there was anyone that specialise in this sort of thing as have heard of lots of bad reports and yes i know about social services the only thing is with the she is worried about what her ex husband would do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can always approach a barrister under public access.
I know this barrister
http://churchcourtchambers.co.uk/portfolio-item/lesley-manley/
Does a lot of this type of work but obviously there will be cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.