29905560

After a recent exchange of views at an amateur football

Hi. After a recent exchange of views at an amateur football match the club concerned have said that they intend to ban me from their venue. Can they do this?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do they own the venue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
What is the usual arrangements, where are matches played?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The venue is their home ground but it is a shared sports complex
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Generally, only the owner of the property can prevent you from attending the venue. I suspect that the football club only hire the venue for their games so they are not its legal owners and as such are unlikely to be able to make that decision. They could however ask the owners to issue a banning order which means that if you attend without their permission you would be trespassing. So you can challenge the football club that they do not have the authority to ban you, however by doing so you could just prompt them to ask the venue to ban you, in which case it would be valid. Then again, they may refuse to get involved in this private dispute and not ban you, asking the club to resolve tis with you without their involvement. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you