12826847

I parked in a private parking space inadvertently. They sent

Customer Question

I parked in a private parking space inadvertently. They sent me a photo of my car & a bill for £60 [reduced from £100 if paid within 2 weeks] I went to money supermarket & followed their advice. I was only there for less than 4 mins, noticed the sign & drove off. I wrote a letter stating that, plus I felt £100 unreasonable for 4 mins & that I was unhappy that they had obtained private details from the DVLA. They sent another letter & more photos. I replied with another letter [again 'without prejudice'] & sent a cheque for £5.50 & wrote all over it in 'full & final settlement' stating 50p for 30 mins parking elsewhere in the town plus £5 for the inconvenience of the owner of the space for 4 mins. They cashed the cheque. Then a debt recovery company sent a letter saying I then owed £160. I telephoned them & explained. I emailed them my letters & they have just emailed saying "Unfortunately, because you did not settle the parking charge in full, the account has now progressed, which has resulted in further costs being added.The amount you currently owe is £154.50If the amount is not paid by the date shown above, we will recommend to our client that court action be taken by them to recover the outstanding balance."
Shall I just sit it out?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I stated everything above. Do I pay this or sit it out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shall I send you my letters?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you prepared to risk being sued ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to stop this process. Please do not charge my card. Your disclaimer says you will not give advice that I can act on. I will go to a solicitor & get a 30 minute free consultation. Please confirm you will not charge my card
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just received an email saying "We confirm £18 has been charged to the selected payment method." When I put in my payment details it clearly said I will not be charged until I submit a star rating.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Opting out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please ensure the transaction is cancelled