ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

After pursuing a deceased estate in a no win

Customer Question

after pursuing a deceased estate for compensation in a no win no fee case the said solicitor has rescinded his offer of the no win no fee as he thinks that the case has a less than 50% chance of success
He has advised going privately with him and charging me £500 up front and a possible fee of £20000 to cover costs
I cannot afford this money and the claim against him was for rape of a minor
How do I get help as we are suing to pay this I cannot let him get away with it !
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.
Is there a specific piece of evidence that has made your current solicitor change their mind in respect of this case being funded on a no win no fee basis?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ,he has had a response from the deceased solicitor in regards ***** ***** matter yet has not told me just after review he can no longer offer this no win no fee
do you want me to send you a copy ?
regards
Garon
Thank you for confirming this for me.
If that it what it says - then I would say that your first port of call should be to make other enquiries with other solicitors to see if they will take on your case on a no win no fee basis.
It is quite common for a solicitor to make such a review after developments have occurred, but if this isn't the case then you may well find that a bigger firm (with more financial backing behind them) might well take on your case on a no win no fee basis.
Please do let me know if you would like me to locate a few firms for you - I would just need to know your area.
Another avenue for you is to look at the possibility of legal aid. Whilst it is very difficult to obtain legal aid following the recent cutbacks - there is still the possibility of applying to the legal aid agency for exceptional funding. You can apply yourself - see this link:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/legal-aid-apply-for-exceptional-case-funding
There are also Pro Bono barristers that may be able to help you - if the Legal Aid Agency do not provide you with funding. Please see this link:
http://www.barprobono.org.uk/do-you-need-help.html
Kind Regards
Caroline
If you have found this service useful - please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Caroline
I would appreciate a solicitor who could help my postcode is BH12 2JS Poole Dorset
Garon
Hello Garon
I will search the Law Society for you.
This will take me about 10 minutes.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou
kind regards
Garon
Hello Garon
Here are a few for you, I have picked out the bigger firms with a view that they may have more financial backing:
Laceys Solicitors LLP
Tel:01202 743286Email***@******.***
Web:www.laceyssolicitors.co.uk
Address: 257/9 Ashley Road,
Poole,
Dorset,
BH14 9DY,
England
or
Humphries Kirk LLP
Tel:01202 715815Email***@******.***
Address: Trevanion House, *****
Poole,
Dorset,
BH14 8UF,
England
or
Dutton Gregory LLP
Tel:01202 466669
Address: 48/50 Parkstone Road,
Poole,
Dorset,
BH15 2PG,
England
or
Trethowans LLP
Tel:01202 673071
Address:*****
Poole,
Dorset,
BH15 2NL,
England
or
Ellis Jones Solicitors LLP
Tel:01202 709 898
Email***@******.***
Web:www.ellisjones.co.uk
Address: 14a Haven Road,
Poole,
Dorset,
BH13 7LP,
England
Although the one below is not in your area - they do act nationally and their finding options do detail about both no win no fee and legal aid. They also offer a free chat with a lawyer so they may be worth a try:
http://www.abusecompensation.co.uk/?q=abuse-compensation-claims-no-win-no-fee.html
Kindest Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanyou Caroline ,
you have put my mind at ease ,
regards
Garon
Your welcome Garon
I am glad that I could help you
Kindest Regards
Caroline