Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

We have recieved a county court summons in the name of a Ltd

Customer Question

we have recieved a county court summons in the name of a Ltd company of which I am a director but the company is dormant and has never traded or own any assets or vehicles, The summons is from a debt collection company who has bought the debt from private parking company who allege a vehicle was parked whilst using a premises only location in a Currys car park back Jan 2015 Currys has now ceased trading from that address so looking for signs is not an option, the car is owned by another company owned by myself and my wife which is not Ltd, we have not received any correspondence from the parking company until we received the summons from the collection saying they had purchased a debt. no details of vehicle are given except the reg No nor the name of the original company from whom the debt was purchased
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you saying that the vehicle in question has never been owned by the company on the County Court Summons?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the Ltd company has never traded or owned assets or vehicles
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
have you ever admitted that you have parked on this land?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Have you had to fill out a defence form to the claim you have received?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we hav'nt filled out the form or given any info at any time to the debt collection agency
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still not received reply to our last answer