29905560

I need a copy of my Bankruptcy dismissal Certificate, completed

I need a copy of my Bankruptcy dismissal Certificate, completed Bankruptcy in 2010
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you know which court dealt with your bankruptcy and issued the discharge?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you for sending the documents, which I have now received. Can I just check if you require copies of the discharge certificate you have enclosed, or is it a different form you are after?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben,Sorry Ben, realise you are busy: I wanted to open a business bank account with Nat West Bank, credit checks blah blah and I sent Jason from Nat West exactly the same copies of documentation that I sent to you and he was not happy to accept it. From the wording of your answer I have a Discharge Letter? Certificate? if so I guess I need a formal discharge cert whatever that is? The telephone number at the top of the letter has now changed, cannot get another telephone number so I am scuppered. Can you help me please? Thank you Lynn
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello Lynn First of all I suggest you contact the bank again to clarify why this form is insufficient and what exactly they are expecting from you. The form you have (Form 6.82) is an early discharge certificate, meaning that you were discharged earlier than the official planned date of the end of the bankruptcy. It is still a formal discharge form and serves as proof that you have been discharged from your bankruptcy. This is however an older procedure which was repealed in October 2013 and since then it is not possible to get early discharge but at the time it was still good law and should still be accepted as formal proof that you were officially discharged. So explain this to the bank and ask what is it exactly that they need, pointing out that this is your formal notice of discharge. I they want an official document rather than a copy then you may have to contact the Court to ask for one – the Bankruptcy section can be reached on(###) ###-####6102 or(###) ###-####6160. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is fantastic Ben, I am more than satisfied, but you only have 5 starsI have sent you reply to Jason at Nat West, who obviously is unaware of the law change.Good bye Lynn Broughton
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, I hope this does the trick. All the best