How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2848
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My mother is selling her home and wants to buy another one

Resolved Question:

my mother is selling her home and wants to buy another one and put me on the title deed instead of her what are the rules? is it easy? thank you anthony
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
When purchasing the property your mother can ask the conveyancer/solicitor to put you on the title deed alongside her. She will have the option of registering it as joint tenants (if either of you die the deceased share automatically passes to the other) or tenants in common (if either of you die the deceased share passes as per any will in place, or under laws of intestacy.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you