Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My mother is selling her home and wants to buy another one

my mother is selling her home and wants to buy another one and put me on the title deed instead of her what are the rules? is it easy? thank you anthony
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
When purchasing the property your mother can ask the conveyancer/solicitor to put you on the title deed alongside her. She will have the option of registering it as joint tenants (if either of you die the deceased share automatically passes to the other) or tenants in common (if either of you die the deceased share passes as per any will in place, or under laws of intestacy.