29905560

I have worked with Someone who is jealous of my job and has

Customer Question

I have worked with Someone who is jealous of my job and has made my life difficult. He has not spread lies about me just been very difficult to work with and caused me a lot of misery in a job I otherwise love. Can I do anything
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Six years
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
have you reported this to the employer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet. It's difficult as I work for very wealthy people who aren't always that interested in their staff. We don't have HR or any kind of personnel dept. I'm keep finding more and more evidence that he's used to make my job difficult and its reached a crux. The main thing is he is leaving soon and I wanted to know if I had any grounds before he actually left
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Your rights here are limited to making a complaint against this person with the employer. This is an internal matter and one which can only really be resolved by the employer. You have the legal right to consider raising a formal grievance, which is basically a complaint with the employer. The employer would then be required to hold a grievance hearing with you to hear your complaint and they will then deal with the issues as they see fit. In cases similar to yours it could mean that the employer disciplines the guilty employee, for example by issuing them with a warning or even dismissing them. So if you are looking at taking action over this, the grievance is the only option open to you in the circumstances. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you yes this has answered my query
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, all the best