75100385

My Wife and I have booked up holiday to Australia next

My Wife and I have booked up for a holiday to Australia next week so we booked an insurance through Just Travel because we are over 70 we had to tell what medical problems we had this cost £515. My wife went to the doctors with stomach pain they said it was her kidneys we told the insurance and they put the price up to £628 which we payed.My wife later found out it was Gall Stones so we phoned up again hoping they would change it over from kidneys to gallstones they said it can't be done and would not include any pre-existing medical conditions which was useless to us so they said we could cancel which we did.They have offered us back£363 which i think is disgusting.As we fly out on the 3 Dec puts us in a bit of a pickle.
E.Newbold
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How did you pay for the insurance? Was it credit or debit card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Credit card
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry it was a debit card
That's a shame it's not a credit card as they would be jointly liable under the consumer credit act.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.