13262538

I have sold my house so have no chain and made an offer on

Customer Question

I have sold my house so have no chain and made an offer on a property to an estate agency. I believe the Estate Agency were not acting impartial and inflated the price base don an unqualified buyer who was part of a chain. When I queried qualification and showing that I was in a better position to buy - the other buyer was suddenly no longer part of a chain and had sold an investment property. We both made the same offer and mine was rejected and I believe they were not impartial and influenced the sale to the other buyer.
Cause of grievance: I previously had my house up for sale with them and was not confident in them selling my property therefore changed estate agents and I believe this is the reason why they were not impartial.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
What is the issue that you seek assistance with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sold my house so have no chain and made an offer on a property to an estate agency. I believe the Estate Agency were not acting impartial and inflated the price base don an unqualified buyer who was part of a chain. When I queried qualification and showing that I was in a better position to buy - the other buyer was suddenly no longer part of a chain and had sold an investment property. We both made the same offer and mine was rejected and I believe they were not impartial and influenced the sale to the other buyer. Cause of grievance: I previously had my house up for sale with them and was not confident in them selling my property therefore changed estate agents and I believe this is the reason why they were not impartial.27/11/2015 08:10
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - but what is the advice you need?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have cause to take the Estate Agents to court.What is the procedure and can I stop the sale of the house.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Not necessarily. What I would suggest you do is exhaust the internal complaints procedure. If that does not remedy the issue, then you can refer the complaint to the Property Ombudsman - https://www.tpos.co.uk/
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiMy name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for 30 years.I am very sorry but since you are not the seller you have no contractual relationship with the Estate Agents and they do not owe you a duty of careYou can of course complain - but sadly there is no legal action you can take.You can of course inform the seller of what has happened - they do OWE the seller a dutyPlease ask if you need further detailsClare