Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

5 years ago my horse became lame,I rang my vet,who I always

Customer Question

5 years ago my horse became lame,I rang my vet,who I always used with all my animals.
My vet arrived at my horses stable with a portable X-Ray machine,he took 3 X-Ray's in total of my horses leg and I paid my vet there and then £180,my vet told me he would get in touch with the results of the X-Ray's.
My vet rang me and told me my horse had ring bone and side bone in the same place my horses back white hoof.
He told me my horse had too be retired for life as he could never be ridden,jump or on concrete roads,I and my young daughter were devested,the horse was bought for her for pony camp,my vet offer if I would want my horse PTS as my horse would have no quilaty,of life,I said no I would keep him if it got to the point when the horse was in so much pain I could not mange I would reassess my horse being PTS.
This was five years ago and I never needed my vet out again for his ring bone are side bone.I retired my horse to a a hired feild and look after him.
I came across my troubles and had to find a place for my horse to live,I could not loan him out because of his condition,I could not sell my horse because of his ring bone and side bone,I rang lots of horse charities thinking they could help me,they only said that no one would take a horse with ring bone are side bone,not even as a feild companion.
My horse was it tip top health apart from the professional diagnose from my vet 5 years before. PTS my horse was by no way going to happen.
I put an ad on face book explaining about my horses condition looking for some one to take my horse and look after him with me still very much able to be hands on looking after him.
A man answer my ad con me in every way possible,and I handed my horse with his passport knowing passports by law needed to be with the horse,this man was moving my horse too his feild.
The man turn out to be a horse dealer,who took my horse to England and sold him.with out my knowledge.
I track my horse to the new horse dealer in England and explain about my horse having ring bone and side bone,and he could not be sold.
This horse dealer in England explain she had her vet check my horse and my horse had no ring bone are side bone,she went on to say my horse was a fine healthy horse.
I rang my vet and explain everything I needed a copies of my horses X-Ray's to stop him being sold.
I left many messages for my vet to ring me back as he was never in the office when I rang,
My vet after weeks of trying to talk to him went on maternity leave,for more weeks,
Mean while my horse was sold in England for £3500.
I went to ring one of the other partners in the practise to help they said they could not it was not there patient.
I only found out by the vets reception the X-Ray's were lost which my vet confirm when he got back to work,I could of saved my horse from being sold if he had the X-Ray's.
My vet refused any explaination too me.
He said on the phone that the horse was not my problem any more,he also told me when I ask him "do you still stand by his professional diagnose of my horse,to which he said to me yes he did.!
I have no answers to how he lost the X-Ray's why he left coming back to me in so long and hiding all his evidence of that day when he call out and X-Ray and diagnose my horse,why can another vet pass my horse as sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have got incontact with my solicter,here in Northern Ireland who told me I needed an equine lawyer,which I did,this solicter is in England and according to his web page his specialist in equine law.
This man ask me too e-mail all the messages the man who took my horse to England sent me saying as far as he was concerned I still Owen my horse in his opion,
I e-mail all of these's I pm all photo shots of my I pad of the transaction of the two dealers selling advertising my horse.
All the time I was only able to talk to the horse dealer in England on a face book horse site,once I said my vet said my horse was unsound lots of people were following all from around Britain,
Once I was told to put my vets X-Ray's on the site page I rang my vet,and had to say on site to all those people my vet lost my horses X-Ray's,all the people on the site call me all the abuse of the vile type my name was slander by people on this site,I had my character abuse I was call an alcoholic among a lot of vile verbal abuse,
My soliciter in England never got back to me.
I rang horse welfare to say my unsound horse was being sold I had no rights to the horse,but they would put my horse on their files if they come across him.Still thinking my vet was right in his professional advice of my horse.
I rang RSPCA over in ENGLAND to have an RSPCA officer go too the to the horse dealer yard to find my unsound horse,by this time my horse was sold.
I rang my vet who took my horses X-Ray's a told him my unsound horse was advertise on you tube jumping a X-country course my vet said "more than likely my horse was full of pain relief "
My life my marriage has been badly effected because I don't know what condition my horse is in my whole life sleeping eatting I am lower depress only driven in finding out why my vet will not help and did not help me,
This whole episode has consumed my life worrying about my beloved horse.
No owner has come forward to put their name on my horses passport my name is ***** ***** my name.
This vet has no idea what he has done to me all he had to do was make phone calls to the seller of my horse if he claims he lost my horses X-Ray's.
This file is one of the private messages the man who took my horse away to England to sell,claiming my horse he was bringing back to me.
The second picture is my horse jumping over silage bales he I lame and not fit to do according to my vet,on the top of the picture you can see the women dealer who sold my horse commenting on how well my lame horse jumps,I have so much evidence and a very quite vet who will not help me or commit to written evidence or admiring his professional diagnose of my horse to any one
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please how long will it take for an answer to my question I am new here and I really need help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can wait for another few days 😊
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. You have one of two options here. You can go to England and find your horse and take it back, as the horse passport is still in your name, so legally speaking, the horse is still your property. So, if you find your horse you are entitled to it back. Alternatively, you can sue the vet for professional negligence for informing you that your horse was defective when it wasn't. In law a vet owes a duty of care in both tort and contract to properly assess a horse and not to pronounce a horse as terminally ill when it wasn't. Accordingly, you can sue the vet for the value (£3,500) for which the horse was sold on.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Be aware additionally, that you have a cause of action in defamation for the false allegations made in the online posts about which in which you were called an alcoholic and abused. It will be possible to obtain the unique identifying numbers from which the posts were sent and you can issue legal proceedings on this basis.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Accordingly, I would advise you to see a solicitor and consider issuing legal proceedings. Additionally, you should consider seeking your horse back.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
4. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert will receive none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir does this still stand the answer in Northern Ireland I was told the equine law is different to England.
My horse has been sold twice in England I don't know we're he is.
THANKYOU sir so much 😊💞🐎💕
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
5. The law relating to horses is essentially similar in both Northern Ireland and England. So the same law is applicable in both.