ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Please could you tell me what a bar on enjudgement / enforcement

Customer Question

Please could you tell me what a bar on enjudgement / enforcement is in place means please
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.
Please may I ask you to explain the situation a little more for me. Does this relate to a debt? What action has been taken so far? Is there an order? What does it say?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi .. Yes I lent a friend some money as he had the water bailiffs knocking on his door .. So I payed the bill and deposited £1600 over a time into his bank account to help him pay his bills .. Plus £400 in cash .. So now the time as come .. Guess what .. No money has been offered back so I started a small claims court and was offered a mediator so all going ok but had a letter this morning saying ... Your request in this claim has been rejected for the following reasons .... A bar on judgement / enforcement is in place .. At which I don't understand what it all means. Thanks Michelle
Hello Michelle
Thank you for your response.
It is likely that the other party has filed a defence. The court will likely have put a bar on you seeking to obtain summary judgment whilst the court processes the documents it has received.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Positive feedback is gratefully received
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's a defence pls ..
Hello Michelle
A defence is the defendant (person you are suing) response to the claim you have made.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok ... So is this bar thing anything to worry about ? .. Just I really don't know if I'm doing the right thing ..and I'm going down the right tracks to get my money back .
No you don't need to worry
If mediation is in progress then continue with that.
The court will send you the paperwork once they have processed the same.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you .. Just that I get worried so much over stuff .. And when this letter came through this morning I thought oh Christ now what ! Ok so the best plan is to carry on with what I'm doing and hope that he pays ..
Yes - things are in process
If mediation is in the process then you can carry on with that
You need to consider what his defence says when you get this from the court
Please don't hesitate to ask if I can assist further
Kind Regards
Caroline
Positive feedback gratefully received
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has said that he didn't know nothing about me paying money into his bank account ... But how can I pay money in with out details , and that he considering paying back £1600 to me but on his terms !! But he hasn't said nothing about the cash really ..
Hello Michelle
Presumably you still have your bank statement confirming the transaction - so that argument isn't going to get him very far!
Kind Regard
Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I've got all proof of it as I transferred it from my savings account into his at the time .. It's just the cash I can't prove ..
If he continues to deny the cash transfer then this should make you more believable in respect of the cash.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and a lesson well learnt .. Ok thank you for all your help it's just nice to put my mind at rest when you don't understand theses things and speaking to somebody who does has .. Thank you for your help Michelle
Your welcome Michelle
Sorry you have to go through this!
Let me know how you get on
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no it's a shame friends treat you like it after you've helped them out .. Live and learn ..ok thank you very much .. Is it poss get back in touch with you rather than asking and explaining to somebody else what's happened ..
It is a shame, I'd be happy to help you in the future
Kindest Regards