75100385

I lent a friend some money to pay off a debt as the

Customer Question

Hi .. I lent a friend some money to pay off a debt as the debt collectors were knocking at his door .. It was 2 grand in total as payed 1600 through direct debit and the rest was cash .. I started a claim through a small claims court and got as fair as
going through a mediator .. But today I received a letter saying a bar on judgement / enforcement is in place ... But I don't understand what all this means .. Thanks Michelle
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did he file a defence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi what's a defence ? .. Is that where he said he's not paying ..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Did he send that document to Court? Have you had a Directions Questionnaire from the Court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He sent the form back to court disputing over things .. Saying I put money into his account without him knowing etc .. But how can I put money into his account without his details !! .. He will pay back the £1600 but on his terms ! But nothing about the cash .. .. The directions etc was that about if I would go through a mediator to try and sort things out before court .. Then yes ..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. When it says a Bar is in place this means you can't enter Judgment in default.
So what will happen now is they will set up a telephone mediator appointment. If that does not work then it will go to a small claims trial in front of a Judge,
But the bar means you cant enter Judgment at this stage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh right that's put my mind to rest a bit .. Thank you so much .. If I have any more question pls can I come back to you again save explaining things all over again ..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could ask you rate my answer in the meantime please. But yes any future questions start them for Alex W and I can help you.
Good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes no problem at all .. Thank you very much ūüėČ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex .. I'm a bit worried about what the mediator will ask .. As I don't want to jeopardise my case by saying the wrong thing... :/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
With the mediator no....