31090051

I would like a default removed from my credit file as (in my

Customer Question

I would like a default removed from my credit file as (in my view) my then bank caused the problem by making regular unauthorised withdrawals 2005-2007(to pay for non-existent PPI) without my consent, then defaulted the account in Nov 2010. Could such a matter be taken to court
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The default will stay on record for six years so the matter is not out of date. The ombudsman should insist that the bank respond. However, usually, you can ask the credit agency to mark your file that the default was caused by bank error. In theory you could take this to court in order to recover bank records and to force them to provide and accounting to you but that would be very expensive where the default will come off within a year anyway.
I hope that helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.