29905560

I have a disciplinary hearing alcohol at the tap

I have a disciplinary hearing for stealing alcohol at the tap during a night out at the university's student union. I am guilty is there any way to defend myself?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not work there. I do not work there. I was there going for a night out as a student
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Oh I see so the disciplinary is being taken by the university against you as their student?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is being taken by the Student Union against me as their student for stealing alcohol on a night I was going out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is more info attached
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you are guilty and you know that then there is no easy way to defend yourself because a defence is there to show that you were innocent, which does not apply here. So it is not about defending yourself but mitigating the possible repercussions. This is best done by admitting your guilt, apologising and showing remorse for your actions. What you did was silly and could result in disciplinary action, such as you being banned from the SU for a period of time, or any other possible outcome contained in their disciplinary policy. However, this is a student union, alcohol is involved and things can happen. The university should know this – they would have seen many examples, some worse, so they do expect that disciplinary issues will arise in these circumstances. For a first time offender I would expect them not to be too tough but it also depends on your attitude and how you deal with this. As mentioned, you should consider being remorseful, acknowledging your error of judgement and promising that there will be no repeat. If you adopt a level, mature attitude like this, the chances of them just giving you a slap on the wrist are greater, rather than if you refused to admit your guilt even if there was evidence to the contrary. In that case they could be less sympathetic and the penalties could be more severe. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I get a fee that I do not want to pay, do I still have to pay it? Would it be negotable?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
have you checked the policy to see what the possible outcomes are?