75100385

How could a class action in the UK be started on behalf of

Customer Question

How could a class action in the UK be started on behalf of patients AND the NHS against drug companies in light of recent evidence regarding long term damage due to psychotropic drug prescribing based on faulty and misinformed information supplied by pharmaceutical marketeers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The aim: Funding for research into strategies for more appropriate and effective psychological interventions and to reduce the harm associated with drug withdrawal especially after decades of drug use
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Class actions in USA for psychiatric drug damage against pharmaceutical companies has already resulted in huge damages allocations ... Patients need help in the UK and the NHS should receive funding to assist adequate remediation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A RESTORATIVE JUSTICE approach to this corporate crime may serve the public interest best... How can this process start to be implemented ...?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue. Thank you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You want to know how to start a class action, is that right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Specifically, I would like for pharmaceutical companies who have caused physical and social and psychological harm through misinformation and bad science marketing techniques (unfair practices?) to provide funding for researched alternatives to their drugs and reparative techniques research eg talking and potentially other treatments to be available via the NHS....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want litigation to create problems for clinicians or the NHS which needs to be part of the solution with patients as allies
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The aim in a nutshell, how a "class action" funding and/or restorative justice programme could help those affected by metabolic and other syndromes due to pharmaceutical industry psychiatric drug mis-marketing to have better treatments researched and implemented
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have you suffered injury?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm physical issues, social issues and psychological side effects from these drugs, yes ... Along with millions of others in UK and worldwide ... (ligitation in USA already). Is this information I'm entering here private and confidential please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No its public - but your personal details are not disclosed.
The UK does not have class actions per se like the USA. You can have group litigation in the UK, but all those who are seeking to be claimants would get a group litigation order from the Court so there is a lead claim. Indeed the various NHS would need to show a cause of action and indeed join the group litigation.
But in the UK there are no class actions as such. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a "cause of action" please and what are the steps involved in group litigation? I believe there is a new type of group litigation recently introduced in the UK... Could this class-style provide better results for patients or would Restorative Justice for this group work better in your opinion? Essentially, what needs to be done to ensure psychiatric patients have more effective and researched reparative and normative treatments using funding based on reparations due from pharmaceutical companies mis-informed bad science and mis-marketing resulting in decades of harm for such patients and the wellbeing of society generally.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Cause of a action which leads to a claim, Ie breach of contract or negligence. But you must have a cause of action. There is only one group litigation as per the civil procedure rules.
Does that clarify?