Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I'm british national and wish to apply nationality parents

Customer Question

I'm british national and wish to apply nationality for my parents , what is the procedure for this? what I have to do ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm british national and wish to apply nationality for my parents who are over 70yrs of age and not well, there is no one who can look after them , how can I apply for there nationality. they are Pakistani . thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I;ve domestic worker to look after my kids since 2005, she is on work visa which we used to renew every year. Now she is living here for last 10 yrs and 62 yrs of age . She wants to apply for british nationality but her english is not brilliant and tried to pass english test she could not get through. Can she apply for nationality on basis of 10 yera stay in UK without english test Thanks
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Firstly, can you provide more detail in relation to your parents. Where are your parents currently living? How long, if for any time, have they spent living lawfully in the UK? Are they dependent upon you financially?2. Secondly, your domestic worker will be able to apply for British nationality and citizenship on the basis of 10 years lawful residence in the UK. However, she will have to sit an English test. I regret to say that an English language test is mandatory and applies to all applicants unless they for some reason aren't able to do a test. This issue of mandatory English language test was challenged last week in the English Supreme Court and the legality of the practice of holding an English language test was upheld, subject only to specific exceptions such as someone living in a different part of the world to a test centre. Here, if your domestic worker is living in the UK, she will have to attend English language classes and pass the Proficiency in English language test.3. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.