12826847

I was given a fixed penalty ticket off on zigzag

I was given a fixed penalty ticket for dropping off on zigzag lines at a crossing in Aberdeen
Offence code 306003
The officer has put down the wrong street
Has also put the penalty points as 100 and the amount as £ 3
Please advise
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is offence code 306003
with the wrong street name and wrong details for the penalty points (100) and the amount £3 can i get the ticket torn up
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, they are mistakes.
There is no realistic prospect of the ticket being torn up though. Road traffic law is not as technical bound as people think.
The offence code and penalty is a non issue.
The only thing that might be useful is the incorrect street because some streets have zigzag lines and some don't. However, the chances of success on that basis are fairly low. A court would probably accept that this was human error as he would have made notes at the scene which probably are correct. If you are prepared to run the risk of increased costs though then there is a chance that a court could say that they cannot be sure but if you lose you will have to pay costs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** answer I think the best course of action is to accept it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Unless you feel very strongly and you are prepared to risk costs, your view is correct.