75100385

My freind is a Romanian and was growing 24 cannabis plants

Customer Question

Hi my freind is a Romanian and was growing 24 cannabis plants for himself as he has severe joint pain and finds this relieves it. He was caught by the police but was scared he was going to be severely beaten by them (happens in Romania) so he no commented his interview and then the solicitor provided a statement telling them it was someone else's and he just rents a room, however he had a key for the cannabis room on his key ring. Now he is looking at a production charge and pwits. Is it to late to change his statement and tell them it was for his personal use and he had no intention of selling it. They kept his phone which when they look at it will prove he is not a drug dealer. He has never been in trouble before and has a full time job in construction. He has to go back to the police station next week. What should he do
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
He should tell them its for his personal use. The Police may then charge him with possession only. But when he spoke to his Solicitor, the Solicitor should have advised that the Police wont beat him. Indeed its unlikely the Police would beat anyone when interviews are recorded, there is CCTV and legal representatives are present.
If he is charged with production and it goes to Court he can plead not guilty, assuming that it is true. If he was possessing for personal use only he can offer that to the prosecution. The Court may then decide whether he is guilty of production or possession.