75100385

I voluntarily closed my ltd company as it was set up solely

Customer Question

I voluntarily closed my ltd company as it was set up solely as a means to pay me for a consultancy contract. The three months have passed and I was informed that the business was now closed. I tried to close the business bank account today and to my horror found that the government had already closed the account and taken all the money (@£6900). Companies House told me the only way to recover my money was to reinstate the company through the county court. I rang the local county court and they said they had never heard of such a process and I had better find a solicitor. Can you advise me? Have I got any hope of recovering the confiscated funds? I'm a pensioner on a very small pension and can't afford to lose this money.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you strike off the Company please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My accountant handled the closure process. I think it was struck off - which did seem rather drastic
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - when would be good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me now?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure.