12826847

My step son who lives with me has a court fine that he has

Customer Question

My step son who lives with me has a court fine that he has not paid, he has had a removal notice today, I have rung them and they are saying they are going to take goods from my house that belong to me and not to him for sale by public auction!
Can they do this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Has anybody previously let them in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have not been in they left a letter this morning and I phoned them, they said they can come and take goods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.
Yes, they can attend and they can seize property but they can't seize yours. Bailiffs have been known to misbehave though.
Usually they are not interested in getting into the house though. Their target is any vehicle registered to the debtor. You can always deal with that by parking many streets away.
In terms of gaining access, just don't let them in. Secure doors and windows which is not hard in this weather.
Make sure anything of value outside is in a locked garage or elsewhere.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I was just worried, thanks for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
All the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have spoken to the bailiff and they are stating it is a distress warrant and they can take goods if they want to! is the case?
The bailiff has stated that he is sending the hmcts se & c warrant back to the judge to deal with.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30/11/2015 08:04
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but not anything that doesn't belong to him unless it is already in walking possession.