Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

WHERE DO I GET DECREE NISI AND WHAT IS COST AS I NEVER RECEIVEDONE

Customer Question

WHERE DO I GET DECREE NISI AND WHAT IS COST AS I NEVER RECEIVEDONE AFTER DIVORCE I WAS DIVORCED IN BASINGSTOKE ENGLAND ALSO NEED IT FOR WEDDING IN UKRAINE DO I NEED SPECIAL STAMP ON IT DO NOT REMEMBER DATE OF DIVORCE BUT AROUND 1988 TO 1999
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Do you mean the final order of divorce, the decree absolute?
If so you can write to the court that issued the decree absolute together with the case number ***** £10 to obtain a further copy.
If you know the court that issued it but not the case number ***** can request it from the court and the fee is £45. You should quote your full name and your ex-spouse's full name and when the decree absolute was issued.
If you do not know the case number ***** which court issued the decree absolute you can use form D440 (http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/d440-eng.pdf) and send it to the Central Family Court with a fee of £65.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you rate my response positive if you found the information helpful so that the question can be closed.