12826847

I broke the phone of my husband and he went to the

Customer Question

I broke the phone of my husband and he went to the police to report that. The police called me yesterday and I admit that I did it and they say they are going to arrest me for that. Is it true that they can do that?
Thank you for your response

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. How did you break it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
on the floor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was angry because I saw sms that he received from a woman
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there?
Yes, they can arrest you and they will. That is criminal damage.Do you have any previous convictions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what Can I do to avoid that
They might offer a caution. Difficult to predict really as they will be of the view that this is abusive behaviour and phones are often high value.But he might not give evidence against you so it might be worth risking a charge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he went there yesterday night to say that I broke his phone and they called me and I confirm
What others evidence do they need?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HELLO
I'm not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You said"But he might not give evidence against you so it might be worth risking a charge"but he was there to say that I have broken his phone and I confirmed. So I do not understand what you mean by he might not give evidence
Give evidence in court. If you put them to proof they have to prove it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so does it mean that if they arrest me, I can say nothing during the arrest or denied that I have broken the phone?