ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Divorce Question 5 years separation without consent My

Customer Question

Divorce Question
5 years separation without consent
My husband has not acknowledged the divorce petition and the court is now refusing to accept my application for a Decree Nisi until he has acknowledged the application.
I have looked at The gov.co.uk website it states that the matter can be progressed without consent and especially after 21 days
what are my options?
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Good morning
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist
I am not able to call this morning but I can answer your question via the message service - if this is ok?
Please may I also ask:
Do you know an address for your husband?
Is he in the UK?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I know the address of my husband and yes he is in the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Thank you for your response.
I will prepare an answer for you now - this will take me about 10 minutes.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Thank you for your patience.
I am sorry to hear that your husband is causign you difficulties by not responding to your divorce petition and that as a result your application for decree nisi has been declined as a result.
What you need to do next in order to be able to proceed - is to have your husband personally served with the court papers.
You need to do this so that the court can be satisfied that your husband has had the divorce papers and that he has choosen to ignore them. Once you have taken this step you will then be able to obtain decree nisi and in due course decree absolute.
Firstly - you could choose to use the Court Bailiff Service. To do this fill out form:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/d089-eng.pdf
Send this to the court - with a photo of your ex and the court fee of £110.
Once the court bailiff has served your ex - you will then be able to apply for decree nisi and you would attach to your application - a copy of the statement prepared by the court bailiff.
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarfiy anythign for you.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work