12826847

I got a Camden parking ticket! I'm disabled, have a Blue

Hi, I got a Camden parking ticket!
I'm disabled, have a Blue Badge and parked in a Disabled bay late on the 7th Dec.
There was a yellow restricted sign on the post but it was from the 9th so I was surprised on my return to find the ticket. I then noticed a sign above the yellow one which said "Permit Holders Only" and had a code below. Doesn't make sense to me, is not my Blue Badge a permit?
I could understand if it said Residents Only but even then I don't think it right.
Peter Amodio
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand the procedure, just want to know if I should wait for them to issue a "notice to owner" and if I have a chance to fight it as the space was clearly marked as "Disabled"
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I sent you an offer.
Would you prefer to continue without a phone call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I don't particularly want to pay an additional £51…..
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You may as well appeal informally. They will probably still consider it.
The Notice to Owner will still be issued on the 5th but since you can appeal online now that is not a huge bar.
You can still appeal from the NTO. It will just be the formal stage rather than the informal one.
Permit holders encompasses a large number of permits such as business permits although from your description probably they did mean resident's permits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just some pointers or phrases that I could use in my appeal would be helpful.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, it depends on your grounds?
I'm not clear what your grounds are?
Are you saying this was a disabled bay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it was clearly marked on the road as 'Disabled'. The problem I always have is that it is near impossible to read signs on poles from the driver seat, especially at night and difficult enough when standing as I am bent forward due to my injuries. I did not see the "Permit Holders Only" sign until I got back to my car and found the ticket but in any case it seems ambiguous, I have attached a couple of photos I took at the time, they are not very clear as it was dark.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That sign is fairly clear I'm afraid.
You could appeal on the basis that there is confusion as the road markings don't agree. Sometimes that works and sometimes not.
Obviously a blue badge would not entitle you to park in a bay that needed a resident's permit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just that I've never seen a combination like that, sometimes see a Disabled bay dedicated to a specific person but then it's clearly marked. Oh well, that'll be £130 for a couple of hour parking……
Thanks for you help.
Peter
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Oh I have.
But the cases are fairly clear that confusion shouldn't be held in favour of the council.
Obviously the council is unlikely to accept that representation but you could win on appeal to the Adjudicator.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice