75100385

I made an order online in mid-August (rental products:

Hi - I made an order online in mid-August (rental products: poseur tables and table cloths and trays) for an event. Event was to take place end of September. I subsequently cancelled the order (the very next day) because I did not find the delivery charge reasonable. I was told a refund had been issued, and I can confirm that I did not receive the goods originally ordered.
I still have not received a refund (over 3 months later). I have called the company on a number of occasions but it is next to impossible to get through to them. On occasion, when I do get through to speak to someone, I have been told that the refund was issued, and that proof will be sent via email - but they never send an email.
I have called my bank - who have asked for proof that a refund was approved or issued, but the only proof I have is in the form of telephone conversations - the company has NEVER emailed me with confirmation of our conversations / the refund, I only received an automated confirmation email when I made the original order.
I would appreciate some advice on how I should proceed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk  or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Alex - this is exactly what I needed to know. Two clarifications if I may:1. What do you mean by "set out losses"? I presume this simply refers to the total amount that I require a refund for? I don't think I can reasonably claim for anything outside of this amount (i.e. claim that additional amounts should be classified as losses). Unless I can claim back the amount I've just spent on this website(!).2. Does this "message" have to be via letter? Or can it be via an email where I receive a "read receipt"?Thank you again - I don't know why this information is not available on the Internet!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
1. Correct the amount to refund.
2. Letter is better but if you have email which has a delivery and read receipt that will suffice.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Alex thank you, ***** ***** now.Many thanks, ***** ***** the advice!
Dolapo