12826847

I bought a new car 3 weeks ago. When I washed it yesterday

Customer Question

I bought a new car 3 weeks ago. When I washed it yesterday I found that the front and rear bumpers were of a different colour than the rest of the bodywork. The garage has offered to replace both bumpers but I feel that I bought a car that should have no faults and therefore I want either a new car or my money back. What can I do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry but I'm afraid that there is no prospect of rejecting on this basis.
The Sale of Goods Act is all about a balancing act between the severity of the fault and the hardship of the remedy. Certainly for mechanical failures there would be an exchange or refund at this stage but for minor defects of this nature there is no prospect of that unless, of course, the garage agree.
They are bound to repair but they are offering to do that anyway.
The chances of recovering any more than that are slim I'm afraid.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.