75100385

A traveller family have encamped alongside our home, just a

Customer Question

A traveller family have encamped alongside our home, just a wire fence away. My sister and I are constantly watched going in and out and shouted at, my life has been threatened 3 times and our home to be destroyed,my sister intimidated and threatened too. My car has been driven at from the other carriageway, our land entered and electricity pole cable. damaged and electricity stolen(elec board sorting that) Bottles of urine thrown onto car. He has removed our house name and is using it for himself. Our only crime is that we just happen to be there and he wants our land because it has entrances they could use if they owned our land to put 42 caravans on larger back field, He is presently on a bit of land which has a High Court Injunction on it. Tewkesbury Borough Council is trying to do something with that but in the meantime I am too terrified to stay there and stay elsewhere and now my sister is too frightened to go there. We can not tend our own property wihout him terrifying us and he is moving ridiculous ornaments closer and closer to our entrance gate as if to claim it for himself. It is a nightmare. How can we prevent him from threatening us, We report everything to the police but comes under neighbour dispute yet it is the enforcement dept who have moved so slowly it has all develop, The Traveller claims he has a son has a heart problem so human rights comes into play. DO WE HAVE ANY HUMAN RIGHTS AS IT HAS STOPPED COMPLETELY ALL OUR NORMAL LIFE AND CAN NOT COME AND GO FREELY?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am willing to wait for a reasonable amount of time as we are so desperate to be able to continue family life without this continous intimidation and damage to our property.We are being driven away.I also wondered if because we are usually lone women if that could be an angle.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you reported any incidents to the Police please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have reported most of the incidents to the policeand my sister also.Only one of the incidents of verbal threat was overheard by a witness. Damage to our land and stealing electricity is confirmed by Western Power.I believe in the eyes of the law it just comes under neighbour dispute.We have lived there t0 years before and never had any fipute aith neighbours.These travellers are trying for retrospective planning permission.Theit letter of application is far from true.I feel the police are not interested in our intimidation yet this family seem to break every las in the book without doubt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry my phone has a mind of its own ...... corrections......50 years! every law in the book. any dispute with neighbours before.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The council are applying for an eviction, what is it you want do achieve in the meantime?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My sister and I can no longer enter our property without this man intimidating us by threatening us with various comments. We can not tend our garden and are too terrified to put our house name back on the fence..it is as though anything we own he is taking over. I can not even drive in the lane without fear of being rammed He drew alongside my sister's car so she could not go anywhere and threatened he would get someone to sort her out. My sister is 73 years old. He I believe is 41.. I would just like us to be able to come and go when and how we like without being watched every movement. We are not sure if he has cctv. He sets his older son up near our gateway to shout when we arrive back. We want ,in the meantime for this man to be prevented from approaching us and to leave our property alone. We are no longer taking other family embers there to protect them and our usual Christmas celebrations are now impossible. What I am asking is how can we prevent him from approaching us with all these threats and urine bottles. We dread entering our own property so have to stay elsewhere if we can. We have little hope with the Council because of the human rights of the child with a heart defect and the lack of traveller sites even if this man, Gilbert Smith and his wife's family seem to own several sites yet all he does is fall out with them so we have to have him alongside. We are a vey quiet respectful family so an easy target for him. We dare not answer back and feel insulted that he uses our address.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
This is considered harassment and you can get a Court order to stop it. You need to apply to Court using form N208:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n208-eng.pdf
And N16a
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf
The court will list the matter and decide whether to make an order stopping these people contacting you directly or indirectly. If the Court does and they breach the order this is contempt of Court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. This sounds a good idea even if he has no regard for the law. Please could you inform as to how much this is likely to cost.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The cost is £250 to issue the claim.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Given that Mr Gilbert Smith has taken absolutely no notice of the High Court Injunction ,has taken no notice of deadline dates to move on issued by the Council. He has wangled a deviation of the injunction to give more time and has had no respect for property belonging to land owners surrounding him. Is he actually likely to respond to N208?. How strong is it or will he just walkover everyone and it will just be a waste of our money as does the Council's injunction .Who will be brave enough to enforce it?. As we enter on our own he will just say he did not speak to us. Can the police issue anything as we are not the only people intimidated but of course we are the only ones who are virtually on site?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
This would be an injunction with a committal order attached so likely to go to prison. The police can issue harassment warnings and if breached can charge,
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. How soon is it before these things can actually go into action after filling in the forms. Unfortunately it is looking as though it is too late for my Mother now to benefit but is important to the rest of my family.?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can get an emergency injunction which can be 24 hours.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And how long does it take for a normal injunction?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
A few weeks,
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Alex for all your help. It has given me a great deal of confidence and my level of total despair much improved.