12826847

I received a caution a constable off my doorstep

Customer Question

I received a caution for pushing a constable off my doorstep 7 yrs ago,so for the last 7 yrs ive been unable to use my nvq in childcare just out of embarassement,so I worked at asda,then cake production,and care for inbetween having 2 children.Now my daughter is at a playgroup,the ladies are trying to get me envolved as a volunteer(putting decorations up)although I'm aware there is a staff opening,(which id love to see myself in it)although because of my crb and the nature of my caution I still feel worried and apprehensive about going getting envolved,even though I realy like all the staff there,and love working with children!!Is there anyway round this dilemma for me?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if you have to disclose it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I will have to if I was eventually offered a job,but to start out volunteering over Christmas I would feel terribly embarrassed in front of ladies I respect and am friendly with.Do you know much about situations like this,or if its possible to have it taken off if its spent?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is spent but it will stay on PNC for lifee and be subject to enhanced disclosure for life.
You can ask them to remove it but you have to convince them that it is not relevant to application. It is fair to say that they don't generally like to take risks and will only very rarely not disclose things.
That said, if you don't ask then you won't get anything and the worst that will happen is that they will refuse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was just a moment of madness,a little push for her abusive attitude(constable)I was sticking up for my neighbours who were being violated.I know it doesn't excuse my actions,i just hate how my whole character may be judged because of this 1 thing that happened such a long time ago when I was young drunk and silly.Ive grown up matured a lot since lol.How would you advise me to approach this,still avoid childcare positions and opportunities?it feels very unfair
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I know they bring stupid charges. The police officers of the 70s would have been laughed at. They never used to charge anybody with assault PC unless they were actually punched causing serious injury but after Stephen Lawrence it become too easy for people to make complaints about them so they head them off with assault PC charges. I think if you breath on them they consider it an assault!
Childcare is going to involve an enhanced DBS check and probably violence would be an issue.
Whether you can find employers who will not act against you because of the minor nature is another matter.
Most occupations don't really require an entirely free PNC.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Although there is an action you could take to try to remove it I suppose.