13262538

I have a tenency on a property but my ex partener is still

I have a tenency on a property but my ex partener is still living in the house and although the landlord has asked her to leave she wont. what are my rights?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Please can you confirm:
1. Whose name is ***** ***** in
2. If you are married to your ex-partner
3. If there are any children living with her?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Since you and your ex are Civil Partners she has "matrimonial home rights" and can remain in the property so long as you are Civil Partners.She can also apply for a court order forcing the Landlord to transfer the tenancy into her sole name - likely bearing in mind that there is a child involved.The issue of who should live there is something you should discuss using Family mediationwww.familymediationhelpline.co.ukPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.