12826847

There harass us, barrage in our property hurting my father in law and kick my dog

Customer Question

there harass us, barrage
in our property hurting my father in law and kick my dog for no reason.
constantly accusing us of damaging there property, from the water from our drain. I not sure if spying on us counts, but when you know they are watching you it make us feel uneasy. Breaking our property.
I just hate that there interfere with every that does not concern them. I not forgetting the letters were they try to sue us and get our insurance company to pay for the damages in the garage.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know if we can get a restraining order against them.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Who are they?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my neighbors,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one of the came over with out asking pushed my father in law over and abused my dog just so he could lift up our drain.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you own your own property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This might seem all strange but it's not the first time this has happened, it just went a bit quiet after the first case was closed by the havering council in march. Basically it simple, the neighbors are moaning that they garage is flooded and damage by water due to our drain next door. And they want us to pay for damages, i have asked the for evidence like photo and things like the said they got but none come to light.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So do you own your own property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i don't own the property no, but my mother in law does i just don't want here to worry about this again, because last time it happened, she was on edge all the time, she could sleep the constant watching.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can make a complaint to the police. You could also seek civil redress.
The question is what would it achieve ? Since this is a privately owned property you need to be slow to make reports because you will have to disclose them if you come to sell the house.
You also need to be careful here because they do seem to be making complaints against you and whether they have merit or not the fact remains that if you report them you create an incentive for them to take revenge.
However, in principle, you do have a claim against them if the facts are as you say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So your saying i can get an restraining order. So i need to go to to police.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You could apply.
Be prepared for them to make counter allegations though.
You could complain to the police. Whether they would be interested or not is another matter.