13262538

My husband is wanting to be a jehovah witness and has informed

My husband is wanting to be a jehovah witness and has informed school that our daughter is not to follow the school RE program due to his belief. I am not of that belief and want my daughter to be brought up knowing of all celebrations including, Christmas, Divali new year etc? He is totally against this and says he wants her to follow his religion.
What can I do? I follow no religion but have allowed her to attend kingdom hall to see what happens and then make her own decision. My daughter is three and has just had to miss nursery today as they were having there Christmas nativity production. I found this out when I got home from work today.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.What steps have you taken to discuss this with your husband?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no discussion it was done behind my back
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I understand that - but is it something you have ever discussed in the past - AND how serious is the issue to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its very serious. Although i do not attend church or follow any specific religion, its the fact that my daughter will now be withdrawn from all religious lessons in school. We have not discussed this being done at all
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Your husband has no right to dictate that your daughter is removed from the school RE programme.
This is something that you need to agree between the pair of you if at all possible
If you cannot reach agreement then I suggest that you inform the school that your daughter IS to be part of the lRE curriculum and inform your husband that if he wishes to object then he must apply to the court for an Order on the issue
Before doing so he shoudl read this case report
http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed95238
This may be something that should be discussed in family counselling
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details