12826847

I issued a section 21 notice to my tenant on 23rd October.

Customer Question

I have just received an email from Tenancy Agreement Service stating that since October 2015 the legally correct forms have changed.
Please can you confirm what the changes are, and if a section 21 issued on the old format would still be valid in court. (My tenant will take me to court and fight tooth and nail to avoid having to leave.)
Thanks,
Helen
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Also, I notice you haven't yet rated a previous answer so I would be grateful if you could do that now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I've found my answer - the old Section 21 forms (from a few months ago) still apply - as the original AST was entered into a few years ago. Please can you confirm this? Thanks, Helen

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is right but, in any event, the rules have been relaxed over S21 notices. You don't have to use specific forms now despite what these organisations will tell you.
it is best to do so as then you can't be criticised but you would probably be fine even with minor errors.
But the original forms would be fine.