13262538

I have a 3 months old baby and I am on the birth certificate

Customer Question

I have a 3 months old baby and I am on the birth certificate but I am not with the mother of the baby anymore. She has moved out andcurrently allows me to see my child around 2 a week for couple of hours. I need to go to her place each time and cannot take the baby to my place as she is breast feeding.
At the moment it is not very confident because she already lives with her new partner and visiting them in their place is not the best option.
My question is I decide to prepare a parenting plan (formally) I would like to know how much time (roughly) I will be allowed to spend with my daughter. I would like her to be with me and stay with me for at least two days (and 2 nights a week). IS that what normally happens or are the visits normally less frequent?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessaryThe baby is still very small - so little and often is the way forward - although it would not be unreasonable to try and move the ocntact to the home of another family member to ease the strain on all of you.Your contact will grow with your baby - but it has to grow at the rate the baby grows - so you will not go straight to overnight contact - that is something that you will need to build up to over the months and years.Realistically a position where eventually you have your daughter alternate weekends (Friday to Monday if possible) and one night in the week - but that iwll take time to achieve.You can read more on the website herehttp://theparentconnection.org.uk/I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details