13262538

Need help in sorting out council who will not rehouse

Customer Question

Need help in sorting out council for friend who will not rehouse her as she it getting efvicted thou no fault of her own as the council pay the rent where she is but landlord wants the house back probably to sell help help
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Could you explain a little more about the situation please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there well my friend has been trying to get high wycombe council to find her another house to live three bed as her landlord has taken her to court and will be evicted 7 of Jan the council do pay the rent as she can not work any more all they keep staying is put her up in temporary even tho this has been going on for a year now almost the conciliation don't to help her I think they are gatekeeping is that the right word please help
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
For clarity - they are confirming that they will house her but it will be in temporary accommodation to start with - is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they are saying that now but she needs three bedroom house this has been going on now almost a year now and time is running out for her she been asking them for last 10 months just keep saying can not help there loads of property's around by us to rent the council not interested hope you can help
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Has your friend looked at any private rentals?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning yes she has but lot of them will not do dss and that's trouble I dont understand why
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Is she also on the housing list?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think she is on housing list and she got social worker to all they keep saying is as she making her self homeless council can not help but she is not
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
On what ground is she being evicted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The owner wants the house back
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What is the relationship between her and the owner?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi they not talking much
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Were they partners?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi no only landlord and tenets
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.
Then why are the Council saying that she is voluntarily homeless?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This is the trouble they are not listening to her because she got a house over her head all ready but as she got to get out there saying she going to make her self homeless is there any way you can help would be pleased to here
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.
I thought you said that the Landlord had started Court proceedings to evict her?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi yes she got to get out on the 7 Jan this went to court three weeks ago
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.
What exactly have the council said to her - have they said they will but her in emergency accommodation when that date arrives?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi yes they have said that she been asking the council for all most a year tho as this has been going on a year
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.
I am afraid that the Council are only under a duty to provide housing in the event that she is actually evicted (other than for rent arrears)
That I am afraid is why the Council have not been able to act before now - the Court process was required.
They will now provide temporary accommodation and eventually will rehouse her in permanent accommodation.
Sadly the housing situation is so bad that they have no option but to take this route
Please ask if you need further details