12826847

There, I went met up with a friend last night down our

Hi there,
I went met up with a friend last night down our local pub and when we left we both decided we would go and get something to eat at the McDonalds around the corner. Instead of going in the restaurant, we went to the drive-thru and then parked up in the corner of the attached retail park. It was late at night (11pm), dark and raining and I was desperate to urinate and did so by the side of my car in the corner of the car park. There was no-one in the immediate vicinity apart from some boy racers at the far end of the car park which was a fair distance away.
After I finished what I was doing, it was only then I noticed a CCTV camera on top of the lamp post a few meters away from me. I assume it was an automatic type one as it was continually moving at all angles, so I'm not sure if it even caught me to be honest as I may of got lucky that it was turning the other way when I was urinating, but I have just got this feeling of dread that I'm going to expect a knock on the door sometime soon from the police as it would of been easy to catch me by my car number plate.
Please can you advise if I am liable and likely for prosecution for this - bearing in mind it was late and no-one around at the time, and its not like I done it over any shopfront, just by the wheel of my car.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you known to the police?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I'm not. I was prosecuted for 'aiding and abetting' a shoplifter when I was 14 but I'm in my mid-30's now and no police record since

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is possible they could do that but it isn't very likely.
They would have to prove it was you anyway which is actually not achieved by showing on that night a person they want to speak to was driving a car to which you were the registered keeper.
Urinating in public places does amount to outraging public decency but it usually only leads to a fixed penalty fine.
I wouldn't worry. The police are too busy investigating false allegations of historical sexual abuse made by people in search of compensation to deal with any proper crime.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the response.

So if for instance the camera did catch me and they do want to follow it up and prosecute me, would I expect a letter in the post or a knock at the door?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I would imagine they will just write.
They might try sending out a S172 request but I wouldn't fall for that because it doesn't apply to this type of offence.