75100385

I have been lucky enough to have a scholarship and bursary

I have been lucky enough to have a scholarship and bursary from a private school for my daughter, she is now in her final year and want stop leave to go elsewhere for 6th form as our circumstances have changed. We have been offered 2 places at state school and another at private school (which we would prefer) for half of current school fees. However we did agree she would stay at current school until 6th form complete if we leave they are asking us to repay our scholarship percentage to let her leave. One of the reason I would like her to leave is we are struggling with fees so paying back is not an option, is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it a term of the bursary that she complete 6th form when it was awarded?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have signed a paper that states; 'I receive this scholarship award in good faith that my child will remain at school until the end of year 13 (she is currently year 11) and understand if she leaves prior to this time, I will be required to pay back the full value of the award that has been received for each academic year that we have received it'
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** news I'm afraid. If you signed something to say she would stay this is a contract. As such you are liable for the return of some fees.
Clearly if you don't have the money they can't get blood out of a stone and you should be honest with them about your position. But sadly you are liable.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.