75100385

A dating site had taken money out of my account,i phoned them

a dating site had taken money out of my account,i phoned them to cancel it;they said they could not give me back my money ,they took out 131 pounds,I was on a trial 6 months,I Had only wanted the 6months one,it was up in december,I said they could take a month off the money and give me back the rest,but they would not do it,that is a weeks penssion for me could you help me please,the site I was on is match,com,thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How did they take is, it credit card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do i get for the 28pounds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i get my 28 pounds back,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I have asked for more information
How did you pay match.com?
I need this before I give an answer,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with my pay pal
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
How was that PayPal funded? By credit card? Have you raised a dispute through PayPal yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by a credit card,they said i would had to resolve it myself,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You should contact your credit card company. They are liable for any payments taken and breach by the merchant under s.75 of the consumer credit act 1974.
You should also write to match and ask for a refund at their U.K. Address which at 6th Floor, 55 Strand, London, WC2N 5LR, UK.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they said they would stop them taking out more money,i have just written to them,so going to post it,thank you for your help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/